BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I remember how it felt....

Time will heal everything. It should and it does...sometimes. 
I sat down to do a lil reading in the mph yestadee and then I remembered how much I hated that place. I hated it because you could see everybody going in and out of the campus grounds. I especially hated the part where I saw people leaving and going home wishing to myself why couldn't that be me. Lectures used to be right up to 6pm and the travel home used to take at least 1.5 hours. 

To avoid the thoughts I would opt to sit in the library, reading room, cafe or not to mention the many other numerous lil nook and crannies around the campus however the cafe used to be always be crowded and the tables would be dirty, the reading room used to be crowded and noisy to the extent sometimes you couldn't even hear yourself think and the library well used to be so full that there was hardly any sitting place sometimes and the nook and crannies sometimes their there sometimes their not. So back to sad miserable mph where you've got ample sitting area fans that run at full speed but only blow hot air in your face, a patch of yellowing on the verge of dying green turf staring at you in the face begging for you to throw the leftovers in your water bottle to them and the flow of people walking in and out as they stomped their feet like their life depended on it. 

As I sat down yestadee it dawned on me how much it didn't feel like such a pain anymore instead it actually felt a lil nice.The early afternoon blazing sun had just set and the it was moving into the mild afternoon heat wave. A soft whistle of the air as it gushed in and out of narrow vents blew occasionally. The soft squeaking of the fan motor and the laud gushing of the fan blades as it swept the air around was calming. And even the green turf somehow didn't look so dead anymore maybe because of the light drizzle earlier. Either that or they were using grass dye. Anyhoo the point that I deduced at that very point was that I could change. I thought I wouldn't like it but now I'm okay with it. I then realized that there were so many other things and predispositions of my life that I disliked. What if I gave it time? Could I change the way I felt about them later? 


If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.  ~Mary Engelbreit

0 comments: